We all love dogs, their cute little gestures, hugs, mumbling eyes, moaning for food and indeed they are our most reliable friends. God made dogs because he knew that we need a companion, who would be their when the world around collapses, when there is no one to feel the pain we go through, when there is no one and just loneliness around, this heavenly creature then acts as the only precious beam of light, hope, love & eternal support & strength to the mankind!
However it becomes heart wrenching to see this harmless soul in pain for us! And to add on to that pain, our helplessness of not knowing about how to help the poor creature get out of pain turns out to be the biggest failure in one’s life. Leaving an animal in pain to die is the biggest sin a human can commit! Therefore, there are few things that should be kept in our minds to follow the next time we see a poor dog in pain all injured!
* The foremost step is to understand that a wounded dog is going through immense pain and will not at all appreciate a stranger touch him when he is all weak, in pain, uncomfortable & frightened enough of the surroundings & so a wrong move can make the dog get aggressive if you try to touch him or go near to him. So, be extremely cautious about your & dog’s safety!
* Call an animal ambulance; be there with the dog till the ambulance arrives. Just calling the ambulance & leaving the dog there all alone will not make get proud of saving a life! Just imagine yourself in the dog’s position, if you were injured somewhere weak enough to even cry for help & in such a situation there wouldn’t have been anyone around to help you or just be there for that emotional support, no matter how stranger that person would be!
* Then figure out the injuries, if the dog is bleeding or there are any broken bones. One has to be calm and composed while analyzing the injuries without making the animal frighten & bite you. Also try to check if the injuries happened due to an accident or because of a fight with some other animal.
* Call the veterinarian, & try to brief him about the accident if it happened in front of your eyes and how serious the patient is. Do follow the immediate instructions given by the vet. This whole process might take some of your valuable time from your busy schedules but saving someone from dying is worth wasting some of your precious time from a busy schedule.
* If the vet cannot be called & you need to carry the dog to the vet, then carry him in a blanket or a piece of cloth if available anywhere near the dog or into some piece of cloth available to you!
Once the dog has recovered, one should always think of adopting the dog, because we humans usually keep committing sins all our life, but get very few chances to do something good for others & so as God knows about how to deal with humans,he puts his one of the precious creation dogs into such situations & then chooses the lucky one to take care of him all the life & get touched by love, support & faith!
Petting an animal like dog makes one more selfless and a loving human being towards his/her surroundings! A dog is someone who would love you when you have nothing to give, would give you endless love when you have all hatred in your heart, would love you would be gone for countless hours, would be there by your side when the whole world outside hates you! God made dogs smart enough to guide you all your life, guard you, love you, pee in the house sometimes, hide your slippers under the sofa, act lazy enough to go for a walk, jump off a helicopter to save lives & furry & loving enough to roll up a human into himself to make you believe that he might be just a dog to them, but you are his world to him.
Adopting a dog is always the noblest thing a person can think off & so adopting street dogs is the best! I mean what can be the best than giving a dog who stays on streets and have to go through endless abuses done by his surrounding upon him the whole empty stomach a cozy warm bed in a house that serves him clean water & good food that makes his bones stronger with endless love till eternity by a very loving family, even if the family for the dog means just his or her owner!