All parents keep complaining about how tech savvy their kids have become and how they would rather spend time with their gadgets than with them. Have you ever realized that this is the exact same thing that your pet could be thinking about you when you are posting away on Facebook/ tweeting/ instagramming, playing on your XBOX or PS, or simply talking or texting via your phone? Being tech savvy is not all bad when it comes to pets though. Today, the average pet owner spends a fortune on the well being of his cuddly buddy. Keeping this trend in mind, the innovative technological industries have come up with many gadgets that could make your pets life better, let you monitor your pet when you are away, alert you about any impending illness etc. Some of the coolest ones are:
1. Pet’s Eye View Camera: It is a lightweight digital camera that can be attached to your cat or dog’s collar. It takes up to 40 photos at 5, 10 or 15 minute intervals. When you come home, you can load the pictures onto your computer to see what your pet has been up to all day. Although, there is another word for this – spying on your pet!
2. Doggles: These sunglasses for dogs screen out UV rays and protect against foreign objects like bugs, grass seeds and wind. It is also ideal for dogs that are sensitive to light due to an eye disorder. Doggles include shatterproof, anti-fog lenses with 100% UV protection and two adjustable elastic straps to keep it secure during any activity. This way, your dog can protect his eyes and look cool at the same time!
3. Poop-Freeze: Do you wish that you didn’t have to clean up the mess every time your pet vomits or has diarrhea right on your carpet or floor? Poop-Freeze is an emergency aerosol pet product that “freezes” vomit/poop into a single entity that can be picked up easily and discarded. The frosting process is said to rid smells immediately, making it ideal for pets undergoing potty training. It can be used both on carpet and vegetation.
4. Hydro Horse: Don’t have time or space to exercise your horse? Get a Hydro Horse Submerged Treadmill System, a combination treadmill, whirlpool and swimming pool, and all your problems of horse petting are resolved. The horse is partially buoyant in a water-filled tank, and the temperature-controlled water with Jacuzzi jets that are designed to relax muscles and eliminate stress on joints. Wish you could get one of these for yourself right?
5. Hydro Surge Rapid Bath Dog Bathing System: Isn’t it hard to drag your dog into the bathroom to give him a bath? H.S.R.B.D.B.S. can take this problem off your hands! It is an “all-in-one” wet, wash and rinse dog-bathing solution. The shower jets provide a massaging action, and the product’s patented Inject Air technology draws shampoo and oxygen into the water to create instant soaping and rinsing. The nozzle’s comb head allows you to remove loose hair and dander whilst untangling fur. Pretty cool, right?
6. ReptiPro 5000: are you into keeping lizards and other oviparous reptiles as your pets? With the ReptiPro 5000 incubator, you no longer have to be a breeder to raise your bird or reptile pets from their egg stage. The small, electric incubator allows you to regulate the temperature up to 140°F, and like an oven, it comes with an interior light on/off switch in the front, a drip tray and a see-through window so you can watch your pet being hatched. I can feel my senses going ‘Jurassic Park’ again!
7. Go Dog Go : Are you that busy that you cannot play fetch with your dog? You should not be a dog owner (just saying!). But just because you’re busy doesn’t mean your dog can’t play fetch. Go Dog Go is an automatic fetch machine for dogs that shoots out tennis balls. Using the remote control, you can set your Go Dog Go to any one of three modes: the two automatic modes launch a ball every seven or 15 seconds, and the manual mode launches a ball only when you press the button.
8. Zen Dog : Want to turn your dog into a peaceful pet? Zen Dog is a kit designed to provide therapy and relaxation for your dog through calming music and massage. The product aims to cure fears of vacuums, thunder and other loud noises. It can also help with separation anxiety, hyperactivity, inability to walk calmly on and off a leash, and poor interaction skills with people. Each kit contains two CDs, a brush for massaging and grooming, and an instruction guide.
9. Ionic Waterless Bath Pet Massage Brush : You no longer have to bathe your pet every time you want him or her to smell clean. This brush massages and silently circulates 100 trillion air-cleansing ions per second through the animal’s fur to remove odors and reduce dander and shedding. This is an alternative for those who don’t enjoy messy baths – pets and owners alike.
10. Komfort Pets Carrier : Ever wondered how it would feel to roam around with your own personalised heater on cold winter nights or carry an A.C. with you on a hot summer afternoon? You cannot have it, but your dog certainly can! Komfort pet carrier is automatically programmed to heat or cool your pet as needed. The carrier’s temperature control system is designed to complement the natural methods by which a pet regulates its own body temperature, using conduction and convection simultaneously. Even Paris Hilton owns one for her famous Chihuahuas and Pomerians!
11. Peticure Nail Groomer : Do you get yourself manicures or pedicures? Well, you can atleast get pedicure for your pet! Clipping your pet’s nails can cause problems like ingrown nails, torn skin, foot injury and sharp nail edges. The Peticure provides a controlled, safe experience for filing your pet’s nails, making them rounded, smooth and not too short. The electric, rotary filing removes excess nail by filing down enamel in controlled increments. Prices range according to the size of the file, which comes in petite, elite and power.
12. Positive Identification of Pet (Mobile App): Pet owners can register their animals with the app, which stores a photo and basic information about your furry friend. If your pet then goes missing, you can activate an alert, which prompts PiP to contact you for more information about your situation, as well as broadcast the information to animal shelters and veterinary clinics within a 15-mile radius of the pet’s last-known location. If someone finds a pet, he or she can upload a photo of the animal’s face and PiP will check its database to see if the picture matches any pet profiles.
These are just a handful of pet-techs available! There are more like video games for your pets, Pet Emergency Evacuation Jacket, The Canine Treadmill, Remote Pet Feeder, Litter-Robot etc. Pretty groovy, right?