It has been proved that pet animals are the best companions of human beings. It gives us so much pleasure that we forget all our problems by just spending some time with them. One of the most popular pet animal is dog, who is known as the most faithful and loyal animal from the centuries. In pre-historical times, human beings used to take help from dogs for hunting. Even today, Dogs are known as the “Watchman”, because it protect their houses against theft or strangers. Our friends may be faithless but dogs can never turn to disloyal, this has been shown in many movies as well as in real life. In japan, a dog named Hachiko sets an excellent example of loyalty by waiting for his master’s return at the railway station for 11 years. Initially people took this casually but when they came to know that it was waiting for his master’s return who was really dead long ago, they felt really impressed by the dog who shown so much loyalty to his master. The faithfull and courageness of dogs are shown in many movies also, in one movie, a dog killed his master’s murderer. All of this proves that dogs are the most friendly companion to human beings. There are over 300+ varieties of breeds of dogs.
Some of the popular breed are given below :-
1. BOXER – He is active, impertinent, playful, outgoing and faithful dog. It may be barbaric to another housebut affectionate to other household pets. He is very intelligent and are active to one’s command. It is perfect for the active family.
2. BULLDOG – He is amiable, compassionate,calm and benevolent. Children loves to play with him but sometimes he is too lazy to get up even from the couch! you cant make him to do anything which he dont want to, but his churlish behaviour will definetly make you laugh.
3. GERMAN SHEPHARD – German Shephard dog is patriotic, daring, and lion-hearted animal. He is the world’s number-one dog for police and military as he is very bright and highly intelligent and therefore he acts quickly on commands. He is very protective and can guard your house better than any other dog.
4. GOLDEN RETRIEVER – He is easy going, devoted and trustworthy dog. He can easily please anyone by his friendly behaviour. He is highly intelligent, he acts on commands faster than any other dog and therefore he is easily trainable. He loves to play outdoor games and is a very good swimmer. He is very energetic and fast on his feet.
5. MANIATURE POODLE – He is imperious, jaunty, light hearted and faithful. He can easily please anyone by his extreamely smart looks. Generally his name “Poodle”suggests that he is very soft tender and girlish dog but reality is quite different, he is actually very craggy and energetic. He is very playful and a strong swimmer. If he will be bored, he will misbehave so you have to give him something to divert his mind. 6. PUGS – PUGS are very small dogs in size but highly intelligent. They are the best companions, they always try to live in your lap only and grab your attention. They won’t be able to survive if you left them alone. They would love to sit in your lap rather than playing balls or swim as most of them do not like this. You will need to take extra care of them in training as they are very lazy and not easily trainable as compared to other breeds of dogs.
TAKING CARE OF DOGS:-
1. NUTRITION – You should always buy nutrition food from pet store as they are specially designed for them. This will help them to shine their coat more and increase energy. Even if dogs don’t want to feed this food, and beg you to feed them your food, you must always not do that as in human foods, there are many minerals that can be harmful for them.
2. TAKE THEM TO WALK – You can take them to walk in the morning or evening as this can be exercise for them which will help them to be more energetic, also this will be the time for both of you to make bond more stronger.
3. MAKE SURE TO TAKE HIM TO BATH -You should make sure to take him to bath once in a week in order to clean out all the dirts. Some dogs love to bath so its easier them to bath but some are very difficult so you have to have patience in order to bath them.
4. TAKE THEM TO DOCTORS – You should take them to doctors for regular checkups in order to avoid their future problems.
5. SPEND TIME WITH THEM – This is the most important of all, you should spend time with them and give love so that they will not feel alone. Dogs are the best friends of human, whereas human’s life is quite boredom and after doing work from daylong, he finally gets peace when they return from work to home and their pets greet them.