Fishes are one of the most popular pet, if you have a small home then it is the best pet you can maintain. However if you want a pet that will roam around you and talks to you, then buying fish is not a good idea. There are many kinds of fishes in which gold fish is the most popular. Now the question arises why fish is the best option as a pet for you?
1. THEY ARE SILENT – All the other pets like dogs, cats, birds make noises whereas fishes don’t make noises at all. If you are busy, they won’t be able to disturb you! Cats or dogs can tear up your important documents if they want but fishes will never be able to do that and this is the positive point.
2. LESS EXPENSIVE – Yes! They are much less costly than your four legged pets. They only need food, clean water and an aquarium but canines will need many things to maintain themselves like grooming, certain types of foods that can be quite expensive.
3. THEY DON’T DEVELOP SEPARATION ANXIETY – You can leave them alone at home, and they won’t say a word. Whereas other pets can behave destructively and can chew up things at home and when you come back to home, you’ll have to clean up things before getting rest.
4. WON’T BE A PROBLEM FOR YOUR NEIGHBOURS – If you have a dog, then only you can realise how much it distressed when your neighbour shouts as your dog will bark whole day and even at night, then obivously your neighbours will complain which can stress you but having fish as a pet will solve this problem as they don’t have vocal cords and won’t be able to bark, shout, or anything.
5. THEY HELPS US TO RELAX – They can’t say a word but even then they can make you feel relaxed by their movements in the aquarium. If you come back home after a stressful day, it will definetly helps makes you feel good. It is proved that people who has fishes as pet, their blood pressure and stress level are found to be normal. If they helps you to relax then it is your duty too, to make their life healthier and happier.
CHOOSING YOUR FISH :- There are more than 80,000 species of fishes. Choosing fish can be a little complicated as some fishes are quite aggressive and will fight with other fishes in the aquarium whereas some fishes loves to live in peace, some fishes loves to play, ultimately you have to decide what type of fish you wants. You can research about it on the internet or ask the petstore owner about it.
MAINTAINING THE AQUARIUM – In order to maintain a healthy acquarium, you should regularly change water in the aquarium. You should place the aquarium near the mains power supply and keep it away from the sunlight, otherwise, algae can be grow in the aquarium. Also make ensure if you have all the equipments such as heaters, filter, air pump, lighting, gravel, filter boost, lightening, water test kid, ornaments, water conditioner and plants. It is very important to keep the aquarium clean in order to your fishes healthy as many chemicals can produce in the unclean water. Try to buy a bigger aquarium as if there will be more space , the fishes will be more happier, and they can play whole day in that space only.
FISH FEEDING :
Before feeding your fish, do research about it, if it is herbivorous, carnivorous or omnivorous so that you get an idea about what they are supposed to eat. fishes can feed flake foods or pallet food however some fishes feed special diet food, that’s why you have to do research about your fish so that you can feed correct food to it.whatever you are feeding, feed it in small amounts 2-3 times a day. You can also feed them vegetables like carrots, cocumbers, peas etc instead of flake or pallet food. Cut them in small pieces and spread it into the tank but you have to take out the vegetables before 48 hours as it can rot the tank and it can be unhealthy for your fish. If you overfeed the fishes and they are looking enlarged then you can give them peas by cutting it, it will help in digestion.
If you have a fish as a pet then it has become a part of your family so treat them with respect. Don’t put your hands in the tank unnecessary as it can harm then and also unclean the water. Also don’t try to take them out from the water, it will look like bullying a nerd child in the school although fishes can’t say a word so that doesn’t mean you will do it just for having fun. It may be fun for you but water is the way from which fishes breaths and taking out them from out of the water, you might kill him!