Toys are one of the few things that have been with us since childhood. People even like cherishing these even after they grow up. They like treasuring it as memories. Some of these are manufactured, where as some are handmade, or anything that cheers us up and we can play with. Normally, people play with toys, irrespective of their age. Every age has its own toy. However, it’s not just people who needs toy for their leisure and entertainment. Even animals, pets need some fun. And that maybe the reason why the toy companies have shifted their focus towards it.
The pre-phase of wanting to be a pet owner is all exciting and joyous. But, once a pet owner, you start feeling tiry and exhausted doing all the associated chores with your pet. You need some time off to escape that life and take a crunch, something that diverts your mind. Well, if you are facing the same query, you are looking at the right place!Instead of ignoring or getting frustrated at your pet, engage them in some activity. Be a good owner. Get them a toy to play with. This will definitely buy you some time and will even add you up in the good books of your pet.
Talking about toys, let’s talk about dog toys. Dog is an extremely playful and active animal. And as an owner it is necessary for you to keep it occupied. This even helps to avoid your dog running errands. Dog toys are not used just for fun and play part. They serve other purposes also. For instance if it’s a puppy, they need something to chew on, when their teeth are growing.It is very important to observe your dog before getting a toy. Every dog has a different taste in their toys selection. Some like to chew, some to fetch while some just like to hide them or gobble with. These actions help us to predict their toys preferences.
There are different types and variety of dog toys. For example, dog bones, plush toys, squeaky toys, discs, Frisbees, puppy toys, tug toys, balls etc. These toys even come in different sizes, shapes and colours. Some toys even serve numerous functions at the same time for the dog. On the other hand, sometimes your dog even uses its own creativity to combine two to three toys into one single toy.
Below are certain dog toys that will keep your dog engaged.
- KONGS: Originally, Kong was not actually a toy. It was bus gear stick. A bus driver’s German shepherd was so addicted to it that he was forced to give him it as a toy. Hence, it is even shaped like a bus gear stick. This toy acts as a distraction toy for the dog.
- BONE: This can be a real bone or something made of plastic or wooden material that is shaped like a bone. It can even be in different sizes. Dogs have an habit of burying in and hiding their bones, which they can later dig and remove. This is like our hide and seeks game that we played as a child. Some dogs even like carrying their bones in their mouth while roaming around. This even acts as a prestige symbol for them while flaunting in front of other dogs. The dog with the biggest bone gets more importance.
- LATEX AND RUBBER: Such toys are great for the entertainment purpose of the dog. Some dogs are very aggressive and have a continuous instinct to bite on things. Latex and Rubber are the perfect toys to exercise the negative energy of the dog. This toy not only satisfies their chewing habit but also helps in keeping their teeth and gums healthy. In short, it helps in enhancing the overall oral hygiene of the dog along with the entertainment.
- STICKS AND FRISBEES: Dogs generally have a natural tendency to be obedient. They like fetching things. It is kind of the oldest games that have been practiced with the dogs. Earlier, sticks or branches of trees were used for the throwing and fetching game, but nowadays Frisbees is the new cool! With modernisation, the uses of toys have also changed in size and shape. Frisbees are basically round plastic plate-like toy that are thrown for dogs to play. They even serve the training purpose to develop the dog and owner rapport.
- BALLS: This is the most common toy that is not only seen with every dog, but also in every house. Dogs like playing with balls of different shapes and sizes. They even like chasing behind them. This game keeps the dog active and playful. Though care must be taken that such a toy should be played outside the houses to avoid any damage by the dog and its toy.
- THE DOG CASINO: It is usually seen that dogs are redundant while eating their food. It takes a lifetime to teach them basic eating manners. They have certain specific favourites which only they enjoy eating. The rest is force fed. If you people suffer the same obstacle this is the right toy for your dog. Dog casino is same like the food parlour to us. The only difference here is instead of money the dog has to arrange the pegs into the proper places for the drawer with food to open. This dog not only keeps your dog engaged with the activity but also makes him eat the food he worked so hard for.
So these were some of the prominent dog toys that are famous among the dog society. They help your dog train and concentrate on the good things, instead wasting their energy. So Serve them with toys and yourself with time. Play and let play!