Choosing the right pet for your family is one of the important decision as its not only affect you but your family too. Also if you already have another pet, you have to take care of its decision too , for instance, if you have a cat then you buying rat as a pet won’t be a good idea. Following are the points that will help in choosing the right pet for you and your family :-
1. WHY DO YOU WANT A PET? – First ask this question to yourself. Generally people buys pets in order to decrease stress and loneliness in their life. Yes, pets are the best friends to yourself and they will listen to you and won’t share your problems with anyone else. After a stressful day, they will welcome you in your home. But don’t expect this from every pets like fish in the aquarium cannot welcome you but they will definetly give you joy by watching them play.
2. DISCUSS WITH FAMILY – The first thing you should do before buying a pet is to discuss about your decision with your family in a meeting. Discuss with them what kind of pet YOU and THEY wants. Also if they are scared of any particular pet, like lizards or rats, take that under your consideration.
3. THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH TIME YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOUR PET – Every pets needs some time to spend with their owners so take this into your consideration before buying any pet for example lizards, rats or fishes requires lesser time to spend with owners as compared to other pets like dogs, horses or cats.
4. CONSIDER WHAT TYPE OF HOUSE YOU LIVE IN – If you live in a small apartment then it will be better to buy a pet which needs less space like dogs, cats, birds, rats etc. If you have a big house like bungalow then you can buy pet like horse.
5. IS THERE ANY CHILDREN IN YOUR HOUSE? – If your family has any child of young ages then think before buying a pet. Sometimes dogs and child are not a good combination to live together but you can buy other pets which will not harm them like rabbits.
Now the next question that comes into your mind is that what pet do you want that matches your lifestyle as well as your personality.
1. PUPPIES OR DOGS – They are the best companion to human beings but if your family has a child then they are not the ideal pet for you as they can harm the child.
Remember, dogs are social animals and they can’t live alone or bound in chains so if you are planning to buy a dog then make sure to spend atleast 3-4 hours with him. You also have to struggle hard by teaching him house training. If you don’t have much time to spend time with your dog then don’t plan to buy it at all as they are very social animal and needs your attention in order to be happy.
2. CATS OR KITTENS – They are elegant, cheerful and affectionate. Unlike dogs, they are very independent. But if your have a younger child then buy a mature cat rather than a kitten. But before buying a cat, make sure you have enough money to spend on as they requires quite high maintenance like toys, litter box, visiting cat specialist, foods etc.
3. FISHES – Watching fish in an aquarium helps us to relax. This is the best pet for you if you are busy in your in work and cannot spend enough time with your pet. They requires low maintenance. But you have to feed them on time. They are not going to ask food themselves like dogs or cats who grabs you the kitchen or shows you their food bowl.
4. BIRDS – They are beautiful creature and fun to play with them, but they are not easy to care for. They are social animals and needs attention so if you are planning to buy it then make sure to spend enough time with it. You have to provide some toys, tvs or anything else as a source of entertainment. His cage should have enough space to let his wings spread fully and also you have to regularly clean the cage.
5. HORSES – They needs larger space to live. Obivously you can’t keep them in your apartment but a larger ground in which you can do their exercises etc. Keep your younger child away from them as they can harm them.
6. RABBITS – They are affectionate creatures but they needs your attention if you won’t be given them much time then they can become shy and afraid of you. They are kept inside in order to protect them from predators. They can be a grear companion to human beings if given a chance and are even harmless to younger children.
Sharing your life with your pet can make your life happier but you have ti choose the right pet which suits not only your personality but also your life style.