Cats are highly intelligent and independent creature. If you have a cat or planning to buy one, then you must learn the psychological behaviour of her in order to leave peacefully.
Unlike dogs, they are very independent creature and will do whatever they wants. Sometimes, they wants to left alone, which they will makes clear to you. Different breeds of cats have different personalities, some stays quiet all the time and some are very active who wants to play every time, some will eat whatever you’ll give but some are very fussy and won’t eat the food if they don’ like it. The can’t speak like humans but they will make you understand by their behavior about what they want to say.
1. WHEN CATS PURR – cats look adorable when they purrs. Cats often purr when they want to say something. It is a means of communication for them. They also purred when they are frightened, injured or sick. cats’ purring helps in healing themselves, for example when they are sick, they purrs in order to calm themselves because the purr releases endomorphins which helps to calm during illness.
When they purr with the combination of saying meow, they wants to seek our attention or wants us to fed them. Just like when an infant wants something, they’ll cry over it and parents will give whatever they want.
2. AVOIDING LITTER BOX- If your cat is not peeing in the litter box but everything else, it can be stressful to you. There are many reasons that your cat is avoiding the litter box so first of all, you have to figure out the exact reason so that you can find solution to get everthing back to normal. First take it to the veterinarian as the problem may be medical. Your cat can have some infection. Other problem can be, she may feels alone and she is doing all this to attract your attention and wants you to care for her. However it is said to be that cats are independent creature and don’t need you at all but this is not entirely true. Some breeds of cats, too, wants love, affection and time from their owners.
3. TAIL TALK – Often cats uses their body language in order to communicate with other cats or humans, especially with their tail. If you pay attention to it then you can actually understands her moods and emotions.If their tail is straighten up fully then she is showing affection. If she do exactly like this , by seeing you that means, she is happy to see you. If she erect her tail with a curve like a question mark, that indicates playfulness and it means its time for playing and wants you to play with her or give toys to play. If the tail is lowered down then it might means he is frightened, you can calm her by picking him up in your lap. When the cat is trying to focus on something like insects, then he’ll move his tail from side to side.
4. AGGRESSION TOWARDS OTHER PEOPLE – If your cat started showing aggression towards other people now then you are suggested to contact veterinarian as it can arise by harmonal imbalance or any other problems. He can also do this if he feels scared. So you have to give enough time with him, and also trim his claws regularly in order to protect yourself and others.
5. CHEWING THINGS – Destructive chewing things by cats is annoying as it can harm themselves and destroys household things. They do this because of boredom. You have to train him by giving chew toys so that they can distract his mind from being bored.
6. SHYNESS IN CATS- Some cats are extreamely shy in nature, generally usually, they attached to only one person in the family and won’t leave you alone whereas some cats are opposite of the shy. They are more independent and whenever they want they’ll roam around the house without you. One of the reasons that causes shyness in cats is lack of socialization. Kittens are taken away from their mothers at very early age, cats helps to teach the kittens in socialising with human beings and other cats. Kittens get frighten with meeting new people and animals and therefore this habit gets along with him throughout the life. The only solution is that you can help him in socializing training by introducing him with new people, you can also take him to the park where he can play with childrens. If possible try to buy a new cat who will be a companion for her. The most important thing is to give enough love, affection and support to him. The other reason can be environmental changes. We all know that cats are habitual with their daily routine, if you shifted in a new house or with your family then this will create a little shyness and fear in them although this will be temporary and once they adopt this habit, they’ll be fine.