You have heard the saying, dogs are men’s best friend, which is actually true but cats,too, makes the best pet as they are playful and intelligent. This is the reason why 33% of households in the USA have cats.
Following are the reasons which explains why cats make the best pet :-
1. Cats provide compradeship – Cats can also provide good companionship like dogs. They are self-contained and doesn’t need you EVERYTIME like dogs. Once you makes bond with them, it will be impossible to break that bond.
2. THEY ARE EASY TO CARE OF – Taking care of cats are much easier than dogs as there is no need to take them outside for bathroom as they use their own lavatory box whereas dogs must be taken out several times in a day.
3. THEY ARE QUIT – They are generally quite except few breeds of cats but mostly cats are quiet unlike dogs who barks, so you need not to worry about the neighbours.
4. CATS CLEAN THEMSELVES – Cats are the perfect example of cleanliness when it comes to personal hygiene. They spends most of their time in grooming themselves.
5. THEY ARE GOOD ENTERTAINERS – It is a fact that they are great entertainers. They doesn’t need any other fancy playfull things, if you just give them a box, they’ll spend hours by playing with it.
There are more than 80 recognised breeds of cats. Now i’ll explain some of the popular breeds of cats which are as follows:-
1. AMERICAN SHORTHAIR – American Shorthair cats are medium-sized but very strong one. They are great companions and are very friendly to children. They are so affectionate and become attached to all other family members. He doesn’t need attention all the time, if he gets bored, he will find something to play make him busy.
2. BENGAL – He is a large cat and looks like a wild cat. They are very energetic and can easily attach to all members of the family. He may look like large and massive but actually they are very sweet and loving and can prove to be a great companion. They are highly intelligent, curious, playful and are very fond of water.
3. BOMBAY – They are medium- sized cats but when you pick him up, he will be heavier than they look. They are bustling and curious. They can be a good entertainer for themselves and loves to invent new things for playing. They love to look around the world, and that’s why standing infront of the windows can be the best place for them as they can easily observe the world from them. They are very good jumper and climber, therefore they love trees too from where they can easily climb up and jump.
4. BURMESE – They are corpulent but playful, intelligent and make excellent companions. They may be very comfortable with their breed only, Burmese, but not with other breeds. They love when someone rubs their stomachs.They are fond of food so you have to watch them in order to prevent from obesity and also forced him to excercise even if they don’t want to!
5. HAVANA BROWN – They are active, intelligent and loving. They are playful but they just satisfy themselves by just playing their one favourite toy. He is a great companion and often end up getting close to only one person but attaches herself to that person for life time.
6. MANX – They are chunky and may appear larger than they are. They are extreamely social and amiable as compared to other breeds. They are placid and loving cat and are adored by everyone in the family.
7. MAIN COON – Being one of the largest domesticated cat, Main coon are well known for his size. Their size is larger but they are extreamely friendly with the family members. They are highly intelligent, active and playful.
The owner must know the ideal taking care of cats in order to keep them stay healthy. Here are some tips :-
1. GROOM YOUR CAT – You should regularly groom cat regularly. It is important as it stimulates the circulation of blood flow and also decrease the hairballs in the stomach by eliminating loose hairs. If your cat has a short pur, use fine toothed comb, and if they have long pur, use steel comb daily.
2. FEED CAT WITH RIGHT FOOD – Buy food from the pet store which is high in protein and then feed them in a small amount, too much food can cause obesity. If they are not eating properly, take them to doctor as it may be a disease. Avoid feeding food which can be harmful for them for example chocolate, onions, garlic, cookies,candies, sweets etc.
3. KEEP ONE LITTER BOX AT HOME – This is quite important to keep litter box at home otherwise your cat will dirt your whole house so make this a habit for them to do shit in only litter box.
4. SPEND TIME WITH YOUR CAT – This is one of the most important step in taking care of your cat. No matter how busy you are, give your cat atleast a little time, they’d be happy in that time too. Sometimes they feel alone too, so you have to spend some more time and play with them.