Previously I told you about The Samwise Gamgees of real life. But I’m not done yet. While watching The Lords of The Rings so many of us thought that we can never have a friend like Sam. But we all are wrong. In the previous article I told you about 10 of the real life best friends. I have told you about Lagoto Romagnolo, Tibetan Terrier, Bernese Mountain dog, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Portuguese Water dog, German Shorthaired Pointer, Shetland Sheepdog, Vizsla, Dalmatian and Doberman Pinscher. Now I’m going to tell you about the bests among the Samwise Gamgees.
10. Australian Cattle Dog: Australian Cattle Dogs always need a job. They are very much active. They are happiest in the wild open places. You have to keep them busy in some task like herding, obedience training etc. They are very affectionate towards their family but can be furious towards the stranger. Their smooth coat only needs occasional brushing and bathing. These are the best of herding dogs. They are smart, energetic and very protective and they have Dingo blood in them so you can expect them to go all day long with you. They form a tight bond with their owners but the owner must show the qualities of a herd leader.
9. Jack Russel Terrier: These are small, cute but mighty fellows with an energy plant inside them. If you are a long distance runner, this is a perfect breed for you. Their idea of heaven is running in an open field. And best thing about them, they are our little adventurous friends whom you can carry along if they are exhausted!
8. Rat Terrier: Their name signifies nothing about them rather it creates a wrong image about them. They are appreciated as family pets and their pest control skills. They excel in agility and obedience training. They are as good in go on hikes with you as they are on the sofa of your home. They have a decent hunting and farm dog history.
7. Rhodesian Ridgeback: Rhodesian Ridgeback were originally bred to hunt lions in South Africa, that explains how dangerous and how tough this breed can be but surprisingly they are very good with people. The silent guardian, The Batman dog, I’d say and one of my favourites. They are very much athletic and there short, low-maintenance coat helps them to run in heat. They have a beautiful mark on their back.
6. Australian Shepherd: Australian Shepherds are known for their extremely well people skills and protectiveness and they make an awesome and active family pet. The Australian Shepherd is an ultimate busybody. Their double coat is weather resistant. And did I tell you that these little fellows are very athletic and intelligent. They have a great deal of stamina and they are bold, alert, independent, confident and smart. They tend to get frustrated when they don’t get to show their proper abilities and that makes them a very bad breed to live with but proper training and outdoor adventures make them excel. They are wonderful for those who like hiking in different terrains.
5. Weimaraner: Their gray coat! Oh their beautiful gray coat. You will absolutely love their colour and they require less maintenance. They are made for great speed, stamina and endurance which combine with their athletic body and elegant feature. The Weimaraner is bold and rambunctious. It loves to run and hunt and when they don’t get enough runs, they get destructive. They are for those who love to be active with a fun loving companion!
4. Siberian Husky: They can pull a sled to a good distance that should explain how strong and fast these dogs are. Fun loving, adventurous, bold, stubborn, alert, clever, mischievous, independent and incredibly beautiful are the right words to describe a Siberian Husky. If you live in a cold weather and take long hikes a husky is perfect for you. A well built husky or a pack of Husky can even keep you safe from dangers if you train them well.
3. Labrador Retriever: Labrador Retrievers are known for being very gentle towards the children. The most popular dog in the world but they are also the most fine dog capable of doing everything. “Weatherproof waterproof and tenacious –the epitome of a hunter” says the Outdoor Life. Obedient, athletic, playful and a calm housedog but they tend to get fat and agitated when they don’t get enough exercise. Good for all weather and all kind of hikes.
2. Border Collie: Known as one of the most intelligent dog of all, bred to herd animals. Border Collies love to be engaged in some mental or physical riddle. So make sure you take him to run every day and give him lots of puzzle to solve… err, their kind of puzzle. Their very energetic and loyal companion.
And now the number one.
Number One is none other than our very own Mutts. We will call them ‘The Mutts’.
1.The Mutts: Let’s admit that we see them around everyday but don’t really notice but they are the best breed. They have qualities which you can never get in the others. Take one in today and they will happily join with you in every adventure. They are the most loyal and most hardy of all dogs and they need least maintenance.