If you have a child, then the most common question often comes into your mind – which is the best dog for them? However you will get different answers from different owners. Any dog can get along with kids but you never know how these dogs can turn out. Here I am telling you two factors that you must keep in mind before getting a dog.
1. AGE AND SIZE :- If your child is under 6 years of age then you might want to buy an adult dog as puppies plays rough and can hurt them, accidentally. Also puppies needs a lot of attention as much as children do.
Adult dogs are said to be perfect for families but not all of them, it depends on the behaviour of specific dog. You can adopt dog from shelter where lots of dog will present and you can find out which dog has the history with children before. The owner of the shelter will give you correct information of the behaviour of the dog.
2. TRAINING :- Obedience training is the most important task after getting a dog so make sure if you or other member of the family have enough time in training the dog. Puppies requires a lot of time in training and if you have decided to get a puppy then make sure your children is not going nearer to him alone. However if he wants to participate in training the canine then make sure he is doing it under the supervision of adults.
WHICH BREEDS OF DOG WILL BE PERFECT FOR MY CHILD?
Almost all dogs are good with children, however your child has to learn to respect the dogs as dogs won’t harm the children unless they teased him. I am presenting you top 10 dogs which are suitable for your family :-
1. BULL DOGS :- Bull dogs love children and would make a great companion. They are very calm and therefore shows great intolerance infront of the children. They are very stubborn but at the same time they would act accordingly when it called upon to protect their loved ones. They can also live in harmony with other pets. They can even live in a small apartment if you do not have a big house as they are medium – sized and don’t need a lot of exercise but you can take him into the park for fun and socializing.
2. GOLDEN RETREIVER :- They are considered to be the best pet for families. They are great with kids but don’t buy it when they are young as at young age, they can be very energetic and harm your child. Hoever when they grow up as an adult, you can leave your child with him without any supervision as they have high – tolerance and loves attention given by kids.
3. POODLE :- They are loyal, faithful, intelligent and have great temperament. They loves to be the centre of the attention therefore he’d loves to get along with children. They can even live peacefully with other pets.
4. BEAGLE :- They are wonderful family pets and can get along with kids and other pets. Their size is not too big and therefore, they are suitable for you family and kids.
5. GERMAN SHEPHERD :- They, too, can make extreamely wonderful companions by training well. They are very playful and your kids will enjoy playing with him but make sure your kids don’t tease or frustrate him as these breeds won’t hurt others unless they feels frustrated or teased.
6. THE BULL TERRIER :- They are very loving and friendly towards other kids or adults. They have high – tolerance level which makes it perfect for children who is still learning how to treat dogs properly. They needs plenty of affection and will return your love by his protectiveness.
7. THE COLLIE :- They are very loving bred and can be trained easily which makes it perfect for a family. They are wonderful with children of all ages. They behave great when they recieves affection from all the members in the family. If you are planning to buy it, make sure you have enough time to spend with him as they needs a lot of affection and if you leave him alone, they’ll probably get bored.
8. IRISH SETTER :- They loves to be around people and kids therefore it makes a perfect pet for a family. They are good match for energetic kids as they, too, are very active.
9. PUGGLE :- These dogs are mixed between the breeds of beagle and pug. They are very cute and cheerful, can get along with other pets and kids but he rejoice in barking which might be a problem for your family or neighbours , otherwise, they are intelligent animal and with proper training, you can control his unnecessary barking problem.
10. BASSET HOUND :- With his small – structured body yet cute and loving makes him one of the popular breeds in the family. They loves to be around the people which makes him an excellent family pet and also he is easy to care for and easily trainable.