I am not a cat hater or dog hater. I am just a person who is trying to figure out a way for the age old debate to come to an end. I personally don’t hate cats or the dogs. I love them. But if I were given a choice to live with one of the either species, I would always choose a dog. Just don’t tell that to my cat please.
I always thought cats and dogs have different kinds of personalities. Some cats are jerk, some are sociable, some are friendly, some are evil but a dog can be all of the above but you can never find him less loving towards you. If any Mr. Friendly Dog is reading this, high five! If any Ms. Pretty Kitty is reading this, umm…. well… let’s just say the dog made me do this… pointing a gun at me! You know how vicious dogs are, aren’t you?
- Dog keeps you happy: A study on 95 people proved that dog owners are much happy than the cat owners.
- A dog is easily trained: Dogs are easily trained apart from the cat that can get litter trained easily. I think even the cat persons would admit that training a cat isn’t as easy as training a dog. Where cats act all lazy during the training, dogs seem to like it and it seems like it gives them a reason. So when you are not giving them enough attention, he is performing everything you trained him to get your attention.
- Dogs are real life heroes: Dogs fought in a war beside men, dogs rescued men from certain death there are too many stories about the dogs’ bravery but till now only one cat saved a boy from a burning house.
- Dogs are guardian: dogs are careful guardians always watching over us, protecting us from all the evil. If someone intrudes your house a cat would run and hide or keep going with his grooming session but a dog would instinctively protect you and your house. He would bark even bite if necessary. Your dog may not be the perfect security but at least it will try its best.
- Dogs keep you fit: If you feel like playing with your dog he is always up for it. But if you try to play with your cat, he would rather take a nap than play with you. And then at 2 AM in the morning when you would try and get some sleep, your cat will play… rather it would raid the house for a squeaky toy and play with it. You can get tired by playing with a dog but he would hardly get tired or may be the joy of playing with you is greater than their tiredness.
- Dogs can detect cancer: With their super smelling ability they can detect cancer, bombs, people etc. It is even proved that a dog can decrease the chance for you to have asthma because of all the “dog-dust” you smell from your childhood, your body gets immune of the dust and forms natural allergy shield.
- Dogs wait: Despite the fact that they are dying inside of impatience when you say “let’s go out”, a dog will patiently wait with their wide puppy eyes. And if you are evil you can see their funny faces by saying the key sentence and waiting.
- They understand you: When you are sad your dog will know that by looking at your face and they will come over to you and look at you like, “Hey big hairless dog that I love so much, please stop being sad! There are so many things to play fetch with, so many mud puddles to swim in! World is beautiful”. No cat absolutely none care about your emotions.
- They want to keep you on your feet always: If you are injured or ill they will lick you in a hope that you can throw tennis balls for them again soon. Even if it doesn’t help you recover physically, it will definitely help you spiritually. They would love to see you in the tennis ball throwing form again.
- Man’s best friend: “man’s best friend”, woman’s too… someone forgot to mention. A well deserved title for the dogs. You are the centre of a dog’s universe while the cat is the centre of its own universe and you are a mere orbital servant (willingly, of course). So the cat is the sun, you can choose any planet you want and the dog is the moon if you were the earth.
In a nutshell, a dog tries to understand every word you say by tilting their head a bit and look adorable while doing it while a cat will just ignore you and sleep. A dog will love you unconditionally till he dies but a cat will make you pay for every time he even laid his eyes upon you. Dogs will play with you all day long but the cat would rather like to play with the bugs and especially the almost dead ones. A dog will wake you up if there is a fire in your house, a cat will quietly sneak out of your house.